Four transported after careless smoking fire on Cleveland’s West side

Four transported after careless smoking fire on Cleveland’s West side

CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) - According to Cleveland Fire, a house fire occurred around 2:30 a.m. on the 1300th block of West 116 Street.

The four victims were transported to Metro Heath Hospital for their injuries.

Fire officials say the victims suffered smoke inhalation and one of them had moderate burns.

According to firefighters, their lives were likely saved by working smoke alarms.

Officials said the fire was the result of careless smoking habits.

Copyright 2018 WOIO. All rights reserved.