CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) - Seven people from Northeast Ohio have been indicted in federal court for their roles in a conspiracy to sell carfentanil, fentanyl, heroin, and cocaine.
The seven defendants face 18 counts:
- Aaron Reels, 52, of Cleveland
- Donnell Bell, 40, of Twinsburg
- Henry Williams, 45, of Shaker Heights
- William Wheat Jr., 35, of Cleveland
- Andre Thompson, 39, of Brook Park
- Otha Short, 66, of Cleveland
- Carl Mileca, 74, of Cleveland
Investigators say Reels purchased the potentially deadly drugs from Bell, Wheat, Williams, and others, who then sold the drugs to Thompson, Short, Mileca, and others between Sept. 2017 and April 2018.
The Drug Enforcement Administration, Lake County Narcotics, Agency, Cuyahoga County Sheriff’s Office, Euclid police, Cleveland Heights police, Ashtabula County Sheriff’s Office, Ohio State Highway Patrol, Cleveland police, and Twinsburg police helped to investigate the case.