COLUMBUS, OH (WOIO) - Ohio’s Mike DeWine was sworn in as Governor with the help of family and friends from his home in Cedarville.
The short ceremony took place early Monday morning, ahead of his public inauguration at the Ohio Statehouse in Columbus on Monday afternoon.
DeWine’s son and Ohio Supreme Court Justice Pat DeWine recited the oath while First Lady Fran DeWine held a stack of family Bibles.
- Executive Order 2019-01D, Creating the Governor’s RecoveryOhio Initiative
- Executive Order 2019-02D, Creating the Governor’s Children’s Initiative
- Executive Order 2019-03D, Establishing Ohio as a Disability Inclusion State and Model Employer of Individuals with Disabilities
- Executive Order 2019-04D, Elevating Foster Care Priorities in Ohio
- Executive Order 2019-05D, Anti-Discrimination Policy in State Government
- Executive Order 2019-06D, Elevating Prevention within the Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services
Over the weekend, Lt. Governor Jon Husted took his oath of office from his home church in suburban Columbus.
He was sworn in by Stephanie Kunze (R-Hilliard), the State Senator from Ohio’s 16th District.
DeWine will be sworn in publicly alongside Lt. Gov. Jon Husted inside the Ohio Statehouse Monday at noon.