Space heater starts fire in Uniontown, Stark County home

Space heater starts fire in Uniontown, Stark County home
(Source: Uniontown firefighters)

UNIONTOWN, OH (WOIO) - Firefighters said a space heater is to blame for a Sunday morning house fire.

According to officials, the space heater was being used in a sunroom on the backside of the home at 13594 Inverness Ave. NW.

When Uniontown firefighters arrived on scene around 9:45 am, the sunroom’s roof had already collapsed.

Firefighters said a space heater, similar to the one below, was plugged into an extension cord that ran underneath the couch.

Uniontown, Stark County firefighters say a space heater similar to this one, started a blaze at a home on Inverness Ave NW Sunday.
Uniontown, Stark County firefighters say a space heater similar to this one, started a blaze at a home on Inverness Ave NW Sunday.

Firefighters also said space heaters should not be plugged into an extension cord, but rather directly into an outlet.

There were no injuries and everyone made it out safely.

Greentown, Hartville, Suffield, Green, Springfield, Marlboro, Plain and Stark Fire Department Rehab Uunit helped battled the blaze.

That area does not have fire hydrants, so a tanker shuttle also brought to the scene.

Copyright 2019 WOIO. All rights reserved.