CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) - DTV Mobile Assistance Centers will be rolling into Cleveland to provide consumers one-on-one assistance in preparing for the June 12th digital TV transition.
The mobile centers feature staff demonstrations on how to hook up a converter box to an analog TV and consumer assistance in applying for their $40 TV Converter Box Coupons.
- Friday, May 22, 2009, Morning, Cleveland Goodwill, Greater Cleveland Akron
- Friday, May 22, 2009, Afternoon, Cleveland Goodwill, 2295 East 55th St., Cleveland, Ohio 44103
- Saturday, May 23, 2009, Morning, Cleveland Bazaar, 12800 Brookpark Rd, Cleveland, OH 44130
- Saturday, May 23, 2009, Afternoon, Great American Rib Cook-off, Time Warner Cable Amphitheater at Tower City, 351 Canal Road, Cleveland, OH 44113
- Sunday, May 24, 2009, All day, Hessler Street Fair, University Circle @ Hessler
The TV Converter Box Coupon Program is designed to help households that want financial assistance to continue receiving over-the-air television when full-power television stations cease analog broadcasting on or before June 12, 2009.
By June 12, 2009, consumers receiving their programming over-the-air with an analog television will need to make one of three choices about how to watch TV after that date: 1.) Buy a TV converter box that will plug into the analog TV; 2.) Buy a TV with a digital tuner; or 3.) Connect the analog TV to cable, satellite, or other pay service.