CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) - For the first time since major changes have been made to Cleveland wards, precincts and voting locations, Cleveland voters will vote in an election.
The Cuyahoga County Board of Elections is reminding voters in Cleveland and five other cities to check their precinct and voting location before they vote. Cleveland voters are reminded to check their wards as well.
This year precinct and voting location changes have been made in all of the cities involved with the Primary Election on Tuesday:
- Solon (Wards 4 & 6 only) Broadview Heights (Wards 1 & 2 only)
- Brook Park (Democratic Primary, Wards 1 & 3 only)
- Rocky River (Republican Party Primary)
To ensure ballots are cast correctly, voters need to cast their ballot in the correct precinct and voting location. Voters may confirm their precinct and voting location by visiting the Cuyahoga County Board of Elections Web site at www.boe.cuyahogacounty.us. This information can be found by clicking on the blue "Voters" button and following the prompts to find voting location and precinct information. Voters who do not have computer access may call the Voter Information Hotline, 216-443-3298, and ask for their precinct and voting location.
This is also the time for voters who choose to vote by mail to return their voted ballots.
- Voters need to return their voted ballots to the Board of Elections as soon as possible to avoid missing the election deadline.
- Voted Vote by Mail ballots for these elections must be returned to the Board of Elections, 2925 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44115, in person by 7:30 P.M. on Election Day.
- Mailed ballots must be postmarked on or before September 7, 2009.
- Voted Ballots may not be dropped off at polling locations.
Voters are reminded to bring identification when they vote in person. Acceptable forms of identification are current and valid photo identification such as a driver's license or State of Ohio identification card, a copy of a current utility bill, bank statement or government check, paycheck or other government document.