BROOK PARK, OH (WOIO) - A Brook Park family is lucky to be alive thanks to their pet Fox Terrier.
Edward Gephart tells 19 Action News that their dog Lily woke them up five minutes before their house on Grosse Drive caught fire.
The blaze happened Saturday, September 5th, around 4 a.m.
There were a total of seven people sleeping in the house including two handicapped adults.
Thanks to Lily, everyone made it out okay.
The family is staying at a local hotel for now. A fundraiser for the Gephart family will be held Friday, September 18 from 7pm until 10pm at Scoundrels in Berea.