AKRON, OH (WOIO) - A local church, Celebration Church, in is offering free church wedding weekends that should help people save big money and not feel they have to postpone their dream for a church wedding. Services included are music, equipment, minister, counseling, photography and flowers.
Here's what we found from the church's website:
Celebration Church recognizes that marriage is a sacred opportunity from God for a man and woman. Marriage is a lifetime commitment to another person that is meant to be a blessing of joy and stability for both. A loving bond of commitment to our spouse unleashes our greatest potential.
While it is possible for a couple to be married anywhere, the beauty, comfort and symbolism of a church sanctuary is a great place for a marriage to begin. Unfortunately the cost of any wedding has become so great that it is difficult for many couples to afford a wedding, especially a church ceremony.
Our goal is to make marriage obtainable by offering a free wedding package at Celebration Church.
How does it work?
Free Wedding Weekends will be held periodically throughout the year. Available times may be reserved on a first come first served basis. (Thursday 5:00 and 7:00; Friday 5:00 and 7:00; Saturday 10:00; 12:00; 2:00; 4:00; 6:00)
The wedding time slots are two hours apart. The bridal party may arrive at the church in order to get ready ½ hour prior to their wedding. The wedding will begin exactly at the time allotted.
The wedding vows, processional, and recessional music are preselected by the church. The couple may select a special song to be performed during the ceremony from a list of choices. The bridal party may customize the service by requesting some special features, such as communion, unity candle or sand service, etc...
If desired, a rehearsal can be scheduled on Monday or Tuesday night. The rehearsal schedule will be determined a month prior to the wedding.
- 1. Pre-marital mentoring
- 2. Decorations such as candelabras, wedding arch, communion bench and candles.
- 3. Minister services
- 4. Live music
- 5. Soundman services
- 6. 15 photo package
- 7. Artificial flower bouquets and boutonnieres (pre-made in neutral color chosen by church), flower petals and basket and ring bearer pillow
- 8. Rehearsal time
- Bride and groom are responsible for bridal party clothing. They are also responsible to bring their own unity candle if they choose to make that part of their service.
- Receptions or after dinner meals are not covered and the bridal party must hold theirs off campus.
This service is available to anyone regardless of church attendance. However the following requirements must be met:
- 1. Attendance and participation at two pre-maritalmentoring sessions. One is a group session and the other will feature personal time for each couple.
- 2. Agreement to honor the wedding schedule
- 3. Must have a valid State of Ohio marriage license
Upcoming Wedding Weekends:
January 14-16, 2010
April 22-24, 2010