MEDINA, OH (WOIO) - An outpouring of love for a Medina child killed in a raging house fire Monday morning.
Seven-year-old Tashawn Okoye died in the blaze at his West Smith Road home. A growing makeshift memorial lies just feet from the home.
The Fire Marshall says the victim's four-year-old brother lit a cigarette from a burning candle and threw it into the closet, sparking the fire. The fire has been ruled as accidental.
Mourners will hold a candlelight vigil tonight at 7:30PM in front of the house.
Donations for the family may be made at any Fifth-Third Bank in the name of Tashawn Okoye.
The little boy will be laid to rest Saturday morning at the Second Baptist Church.