CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) - After showing up on the ballot four times before, Ohioans have finally voted in favor of casinos.
There will be four casinos erected in Ohio's four largest cities. Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati and Toledo will each get one after the issue was passed 53% to 47%.
A tax on the casinos will be distributed amongst all Ohio counties.
- PENN NATIONAL GAMING, INC.: A prominent operator of gaming facilities and horse racing tracks, including Raceway Park in Toledo
- DAN GILBERT: Through his Rock Ventures Partnership. Gilbert is majority owner of the NBA's Cleveland Cavaliers and operator of Quicken Loans Arena in downtown Cleveland, the Cleveland Clinic Courts, the Lake Erie Monsters, Veritix and Fathead, as well as Chairman and Founder of Quicken Loans, which operates a 350-person internet web center in downtown Cleveland. Gilbert, who began investing in Ohio in 2005, employs more than 2,500 people throughout Ohio.
Who endorsed Issue #3?
- CLEVELAND MAYOR FRANK G. JACKSON
- CINCINNATI MAYOR MARK MALLORY
- TOLEDO MAYOR CARTY FINKBEINER
- THE OHIO AFL-CIO
- UNITED AUTO WORKERS (UAW) OF OHIO
- OHIO BUILDING AND CONSTRUCTION TRADES COUNCIL
- FRATERNAL ORDER OF POLICE OF OHIO
- OHIO PATROLMEN'S BENEVOLENT ASSOCIATION
- CLEVELAND POLICE PATROLMEN'S ASSOCIATION
- TOLEDO POLICE PATROLMEN'S ASSOCIATION
- GREATER CLEVELAND PARTNERSHIP
- POSITIVELY CLEVELAND!
- GREATER CINCINNATI CHAMBER OF COMMERCE