Rescued: Firefighters Pluck Family of Five from Rooftop, Revive Family Dog

Posted by Web Staff - email | Facebook | Twitter

AKRON, OH (WOIO) - A family of five was rescued from the roof of their burning home Sunday.

Fire broke out at 831 Princeton Street around 7:30 a.m. after food was left in the oven too long and caught fire.

The entire first floor was destroyed by the flames that sent five family members to the roof. Fire officials estimate the damage to be about $60,000 dollars.

One firefighter was injured when a wall collapsed, he was taken to a local hospital for treatment and has since been released.

As for the family, the five members were rescued along with their dog which was revived, and seems to be doing well.

Copyright 2010 WOIO. All rights reserved.