CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) - The U.S. Postal Service has long provided you with a convenient, reliable way to get your taxes delivered on time.
This year is no different. But beware last-minute tax filers - only two Northern Ohio Post Offices will have extended hours today to accommodate last minute filers.
The following Post Offices will extend their hours on tax day:
Cleveland Main Post Office - 2400 Orange Ave, Cleveland (until Midnight). At 3:30 p.m. the traffic flow in the customer parking will be reversed to facilitate easier drop-off.
Curbside collectors will be working until midnight to accept prepared returns with postage already affixed.
Akron Main Post Office - 675 Wolf Ledges Parkway, Akron (until 8:00 P.M.)
All other Post Offices, stations and branches will be open their normal hours.
· Consider using Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation if you want to confirm your return is delivered.
· Use Certified Mail if proof of mailing is required.
· Check the last pick-up time if mailing in a street collection box to make sure that your return will be collected later that day.
· If possible, mail your returns using the address labels or pre-addressed envelopes sometimes provided by local, state and federal agencies.
· Always include your return address.
· Make sure your tax return has sufficient postage. If you are mailing a number of supplementary forms and schedules with your return, the envelope is likely to weigh more than one ounce.
Note: tax agencies do not pay postage that is due. Short-paid mail is returned to sender.
· Oversized and extra thick envelopes may require additional postage.
For more information about your local Post Office click here!