The explosion sparked a house fire around 11PM Thursday night.
The homeowner told 19 Action News he revved up his motorcycle for the first time on Thursday, and believes that perhaps a fuel line came loose and possibly leaked fuel.
The homeowner's son smelled gasoline and quickly exited the home with the family dog just before the explosion. The home sustained heavy damage and the garage was blown to bits. The house next door was also damaged - the siding melted right off the home.
"At one point, we thought a truck or a car had run into our house and hit his truck to set off the alarm," said neighbor Faith Dragan. "So he walked outside to see what had happened. Instead, he looks across the street he sees the house had exploded, it was just up in flames."
The North Ridgeville Assistant Chief says that while he is 100% certain natural gas was not involved, a number of things are under investigation as the driving force behind igniting the explosion. A battery charger hooked up to the motorcycle and hot water heater are at the forefront of the probe.
Amazingly, no one was injured.