LIMA, OH (WOIO) - A man seen tossing packages over the wall at the Allen Correctional Institution has been arrested by Ohio State Highway Patrol troopers.
Police say Christopher Pickens Hughes was arrested for attempting to convey drugs onto the grounds of the Allen Correctional Institution.
· 292 Grams of suspected marijuana (Institutional value of $650 per ounce*)
· 3,384 Grams of loose leaf tobacco (Institutional value of $500 per pound*)
· 5 cell phones with charger/earpiece (Institutional value of $750 per phone*)
· 35 packages of rolling papers
· 17 lighters
· 5 packages of cigarettes (Institutional value of $3 per cigarette*)
· 4 packages of cigars
· 3 cans of chewing tobacco
· 1 package of commercial loose leaf tobacco (Institutional value of $500 per pound*)
· 1 bottle of Excedrin PM
· 1 package of condoms
The 27-year old is being held in the Allen County Jail. If convicted, he could face five years in prison and a $10,000 fine.