CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) - The first witness list for the defense in the Anthony Sowell "Cleveland Strangler" case has been released along with the questionnaire for potential jurors.
The defense submitted a list of five witnesses that can be read by clicking here.
The Juror Questionnaire consists of 86 questions that could be asked to potential jurors. Click here to read all 86 questions.
There is talk - and it is only talk at this time - that the Cleveland Strangler trial will be moved out of Cuyahoga County due to fears it will be nearly impossible to seat an impartial jury here.
Anthony Sowell is accused of murdering eleven African American women from the Cleveland area.
The victims' bodies were discovered at Anthony Sowell's Imperial Avenue home between the last week of October and the first week of November 2009. Six bodies were buried in the backyard and five others were found in various locations on the inside of the home.
The victims were identified as:
- Tonia Carmichael of Warrensville Heights, 52-years-old was the first victim removed from Sowell's backyard and was identified through DNA.
- Telacia Fortson of East Cleveland, was 31-years-old and was last seen in June 2009. Fortson had three children
- Tishana Culver of Cleveland, 31-years-old, had not been reported missing and is survived by seven children.
- Nancy Cobbs, 43-years-old of Cleveland, was reported missing on June 11th 2009 and had not been seen since April 2009.
- Amelda Hunter, 47-years-old of Cleveland was last seen in April 2009 and was reported missing on Nov. 3rd, 2009.
- Crystal Dozier, 38-year-old from Cleveland, was not a reported missing person and was last seen in October 2007.
- Michelle Mason, 45-year-old of Cleveland, was reported missing in October 2008. Mason was bi-polar and Cleveland Police held dozens of searches for her and checked hospitals.
- Janice Webb, 49-years-old of Cleveland, was reported missing on August 2nd, 2009. Webb was last seen on June 3rd, 2009 and has two children.
- Kim Yvette Smith of Cleveland, 44-years-old, was not reported missing to Cleveland Police until Nov. 2nd, 2009. Smith was last seen on January 1st, 2009.
- Leshanda Long, 25-years-old was not a reported missing person but was last seen in 2008.
- Diane Turner, 38-years-old was last seen in September 2009 and was the last of the eleven victims to be identified. Turner was from E.144th Street in Cleveland, OH. The Coroner's office has ruled the death a homicide but the cause of death is pending further tests and investigation.