19-year-old shocked by electrical wire - Cleveland 19 News Cleveland, OH

19-year-old shocked by electrical wire

COURTESY: TMCNEWS.NET COURTESY: TMCNEWS.NET
ELYRIA, OH (WOIO) -

A 19-year-old man was flown to Metro after being shocked by an electrical wire.

It happened on Monday afternoon on West Avenue.

The victim was on a roof with another man when he came into contact with an electrical line. The victim suffered burns over much of his body.

The incident happened next to a Lifecare Ambulance station. Two paramedics heard the explosion and ran to help.

Elyria firefighters removed the victim from the roof with their tower truck and wrapped him in burn sheets before he was life-flighted to Metro.

The second man was treated for burns on his hand he received while trying to help the first victim.

No word on the 19-year-old's condition at this time.

Copyright 2011 WOIO. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly