Final jury selection continued in the Cleveland Strangler trial on Thursday
Three of the 12 boxed jurors were excused by the court for cause. The Sowell jury is likely to be finalized on Friday.
Lawyers are down to one challenge each for choosing the final 12 jurors. Then, they will select the four alternates.
Some of the defense's questions to potential jurors included:
- Mental health, treatment and it's effectiveness
- Do race and lack of finances play a roll in the justice system?
- Alcohol, drug issues and effectiveness of treatment
- Do you think what happens in a young child's life is important?
- Are you able to look at photos of victims and crime scene?
Opening statements are expected to start on Monday.
Anthony Sowell is accused of killing eleven women and burying their bodies in and around his Imperial Avenue home.
He faces the death penalty.