Protect Yourself from Fraud
Here at Green Dot, we care about our customers and your hard-earned money, therefore we want to remind you that the MoneyPak works just like cash. Fraudsters are always coming up with new ways to get your money. Would you give your cash or gift card to a stranger? Don't give them your MoneyPak number either! Giving your MoneyPak number to someone you don't know or a merchant that is not an approved partner puts you at risk of losing your money. The best way to protect yourself from being a fraud victim is to be aware of scams.
Guard your MoneyPak Number like cash! Transactions cannot be reversed, so only give the number to approved MoneyPak partners. Green Dot is not responsible for the quality or non-receipt of any goods or services.
How to protect yourself
Protect yourself. Here are helpful tips and scams to avoid:
- Never give your MoneyPak number to someone you don't know.
- MoneyPak should ONLY be used to reload your prepaid cards or accounts you control.
- Beware of deals or opportunities that seem too good to be true. They are most likely a scam and you will lose your money.
- Beware of any offers that do not accept credit card payments and ask for you to purchase a MoneyPak and provide the MoneyPak Number in an email or over the phone.
- When using MoneyPak with PayPal for eBay or other online merchants, transfer the money to your PayPal account first before paying the merchant. DO NOT email the MoneyPak Number directly to the merchant.
- Never use a MoneyPak to pay for taxes or fees on foreign lottery winnings, grants or any offer that requires you to pay first before getting something back.
- Beware of websites requesting MoneyPak as a form of payment even if they display the MoneyPak or Green Dot logo. Check this website for a list of approved MoneyPak partners.
What to do if you are a victim of fraud
- Immediately contact your local law enforcement and file a claim.
- Be sure to have your MoneyPak and receipt available.
- Green Dot is not responsible once the MoneyPak number is used and the funds are applied.