During the month of August Downtown Cleveland will be transformed into a movie set for Marvel Studio's The Avengers, which will require road closures, intermittent traffic delays and alternate routes for motorists and pedestrians.
E. 9th Street from Euclid Avenue to Prospect Avenue will close until September 2nd, 2011. Additional streets will be closed during the month of August.
RTA riders using the #90 F bus will be rerouted both north and southbound because of the closure.
- Until September 2: Carnegie, East 18th Street and Superior
- Until August 24: East 6th Street, Superior, East 18th and Carnegie
- August 22 - September 2: East 12th, Superior, and Chester Affected parking garage entrances have access via Superior and Chester
- August 17 to August 30: Ontario and Superior
- August 29: Main Avenue Bridge and Lorain/Carnegie
The Division of Traffic & Engineering and the Public Safety Department, has been working with the production company as well as a traffic-engineering consultant to accommodate the needs of the film. City crews will adjust traffic patterns to accommodate other closures scheduled throughout the production and will implement parking restrictions as needed. Signage for alternate routes will be posted.
The city staff is aware of traffic pattern changes due to the Innerbelt project and will make the necessary adjustments to key locations where it is anticipated traffic will increase due to the detours.