Infant burned in cooking accident - Cleveland 19 News Cleveland, OH

Infant burned in cooking accident

SEBRING, OH (WOIO) -

The Sebring Fire Department was called to a house on N. 17th Street Wednesday after a grease fire started in the kitchen of a home.

The Fire Chief said a man was cooking on the stove when a fire started, and the man attempted to carry the pan out of the house.

He dropped the pan causing the grease to splash on his 4-month-old son.

The infant suffered burns over 40% of his body and is currently at Akron Children's Hospital's burn unit.

The incident was ruled accidental so there won't be any charges.

Copyright 2011 WOIO. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly