The East 9th Street ramp off the Innerbelt Bridge is now closed for the next 60 days.
The closure is necessary for the final phase of construction of the new bridge decks over East 9th, East 14th and I-77 ramps.
Motorists will still be able to use the Broadway and Ontario exits from I-90 East or continue on to the Chester exit.
Regional Interstate Closures
· Saturday, October 1 at 4 a.m., I-90 east will be closed between I-490 and I-77 until Sunday at 11 a.m. During the same timeframe, the I-71 north ramp to I-90 east will be closed as well as the ramp from W 14th Street to I-90 east. I-90 east and I-71 north motorists should use I-490 east to I-77 north to I-90 east. W 14th Street motorists should use Abbey Avenue to W 20th Street to the Lorain-Carnegie Bridge.
· Saturday, October 1, I-90 west will be closed between I-77 and E 9th Street, from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. The E 9th Street entrance ramp will remain open. Use I-77 south to I-490 west to I-90 west. As soon as I-90 west is reopened, crews will close the ramp from I-90 west to I-77 south from approximately 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. The I-90 west ramp to I-77 south will be closed AGAIN at 11 p.m. Saturday night until Sunday at 5 a.m. Use I-90 west to SR 176 south to I-480 east to I-77 north.
· Sunday, October 2 at 11 a.m., I-90 east will reopen. When it reopens, the exit ramp from I-90 east to E 9th Street will remain closed for approximately 60 days.
· Sunday, October 2 at 11 p.m., the I-90 west ramp to I-77 south will be closed until Monday at 5 a.m. Use I-90 west to SR 176 south to I-480 east to I-77 north.
· Friday, September 30, E 14th Street will be closed under I-90 at 8 p.m. until Monday at 6 a.m.
· Saturday, October 1, E 9th Street will be closed under I-90 at 7 a.m. until Sunday at 11 a.m.
To view the lastest Innerbelt closures and information, click on the link below: