TWINSBURG, OH (WOIO) - When a local community heard the Summit County Health Department was going to have to evict an elderly couple of their home of over 40 years, they stepped up to help.
A storm that swept through in May damaged the couple's roof, which then lead to black mold sweeping through the home. The mold so bad, the wife has been hospitalized.
Volunteers from the Twinsburg and Solon Fire Departments, council members as well as A & B Roofing and many other companies have donated time and supplies to get the home in living condition.
Most of the drywall in the home has been replaced and the roof has been replaced. The estimated costs of the repairs is around $40,000, all of which has been donated.
Anyone who wants to help with the remainder of the project can call the Twinsburg Fire Department at 330-963-6256.