AURORA, OH (WOIO) - The victim in Wednesday morning's fire in Aurora has died from her injuries.
The fire has been ruled accidental and is the result of the careless use of smoking materials. The fire was contained to the victim and the victim's bed.
Investigators say the single family Parker Road home went up in flames around 9:30 AM.
Officials say a woman, in her 50's, was the only one injured as a result of the fire. Two other people inside the home at the time were able to make it out.
An off-duty Bainbridge firefighter who lives nearby and an Aurora police officer on patrol both tried to make entry to assist the injured woman. Both suffered smoke inhalation, and were treated and released.
The home was equipped with working smoke alarms.
The victim's name has not been released.