Friday night, February 24th, crews will be demolishing part of the East 9th entrance ramp and the edge of the far north lane on the bridge structure over Ontario. This work is necessary to facilitate construction of the new overpasses which will carry the E 9th Street ramp over Ontario and carry I-90 traffic over Ontario. The following list reflects the planned closures and traffic impacts for this work:
On Friday, February 24, Ontario will have lane restrictions in both directions under I-90 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Overnight Friday, February 24, beginning at 8 p.m. the following closures or restrictions will be in place:
- I-90 west will be closed between I-77 and Ontario Street. Opt for the Alternate! Use I-77 south to I-490 west to I-90 west.
- The E 9th Street entrance ramp to I-90 west will be closed. Motorists may use E 9th Street to I-77 south to I-490 west to I-90, or use the Lorain-Carnegie Bridge to reach Ohio City and Tremont. The Ontario entrance ramp to I-90 west will remain open.
- The I-90 east exit ramp for Ontario will be closed. Motorists may use the E 9th Street exit to reach downtown destinations.
- Inbound Ontario under I-90 will be closed. Motorists may use E 14th Street to Carnegie to Ontario.
- Outbound Ontario under I-90 will have the left lane closed.
These closures and restrictions will be removed by noon on Saturday, February 25.
- The Abbey Loop ramp is now closed and will remain closed until late in 2013. Detour signs direct motorists to Abbey Avenue from the W 14th Street ramp. Click here for detour information and a map of the area.