Elderly man dies in E.113th Street house fire - Cleveland 19 News Cleveland, OH

Elderly man dies in E.113th Street house fire

An elderly man was killed in an east side house fire Sunday morning.

The Cleveland Fire Department tells 19 Action News that one resident escaped from a burning home in the 700 block of E.113th Street around 5 a.m.

At the time of the fire, there were two residents inside of the home.

Darnell Bloodsaw and his daughter lived at the home with his elderly uncle and cousin. He was outside sleeping in a tent when the home burst into flames. "I heard my cousin yelling help... and I came out and the house was burning" says Bloodsaw.

The second resident inside of the home, the 83-year-old uncle, later died.

The Cleveland Fire Department believes the cause of the blaze involves a resident who was smoking a cigarette near oxygen tanks inside the home.

Copyright 2012 WOIO. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly