ARRESTED: U.S. Marshals capture man wanted in brutal bar brawl

ARRESTED: U.S. Marshals capture man wanted in brutal bar brawl

The man wanted in a vicious Cleveland bar brawl has been arrested in Trumbull County.

Early Tuesday morning, at approximately 12:30 a.m., the U.S. Marshals Northern Ohio Violent Fugitive Task Force, with the assistance of the Trumbull County Sheriff's Office, arrested Marco Correa in Newton Falls.

Correa was wanted by the Cleveland Division of Police for four counts of felonious assault.  The charges stem from an assault that took place at Charlie's Place on Lorain Road in Cleveland during the early morning hours of July 22.

It is alleged that Correa and his associates were asked to leave the bar because it was closing.  The group did not want to leave and began to argue with the bar employees.  An off-duty Cleveland police officer identified himself as law enforcement and told the group to be on their way.

This enraged the group and they began to assault the police officer, breaking his jaw. The group then started to assault everyone else in the bar leaving two people unconscious and left one worker blind in one eye.

The blinded employee, Debbie Bryson, spoke with 19 Action News.

"One of them yelled, then hit me. I don't remember too much after that. my friends that were still in the bar all came running out. I don't remember anything after that. I was told I got hit twice and kicked once."

Bryson has been through two surgeries, but doctors couldn't save her eye.

"I wasn't the only one hurt, there was three other guys," Bryson said. "My friends all have had surgery, plates, reconstructed facial bones, broken noses, it's senseless and crazy."

Last Friday, the Cleveland Division of Police requested assistance from the U.S. Marshals Task Force to locate Correa. Correa was previewed in local media Monday as the "Fugitive of the Week".  Within hours, tips began to pour in and information was developed that Correa was staying at a home in Newton Falls.  Deputy U.S. Marshals and Task Force Officers went to the residence earlier in the day on Monday, but did not find Correa.  Late Monday night, investigators received a tip the Correa was back at the home on Arhaven Dr. and the Task Force quickly responded to the residence.  This time Correa was located inside.  He was arrested without incident and transported to the Trumbull County Jail.

U.S. Marshal Pete Elliott stated, "Once again the partnership between law enforcement, the media and the public worked together to bring this violent fugitive to justice.  We are hopeful this arrest brings some peace to the victims and their families that are continuing to suffer from this horrible crime."

Debbie Bryson's family and friends are holding a fundraiser for her September 29 at Arturo's Bar & Grille, 26679 Brookpark Road in North Olmsted. The cost is $20 per person.

Copyright 2012 WOIO. All rights reserved.