· Wash your hands frequently with soap and running water before and after exposure to animals.
· Never eat, drink or put things in your mouth in animal areas, and don't take food or drink into animal areas.
· Young children, pregnant women, people 65 and older and people with weakened immune systems should be extra careful around animals.
· If you have animals - including swine - watch them for signs of illness and call a veterinarian if you suspect they might be sick.
· Avoid close contact with animals that look or act ill, when possible.