MAPLE HEIGHTS, OH (WOIO) - The fire dept. responded to an apartment complex fire at 5044 Warrensville Center Rd. Saturday evening.
The fire started around 4:30pm and Warrensville Center Rd. was closed between Raymond and just north of I-480 for a couple of hours. The road has since reopned.
This is an 11 unit complex and 10 of the units were occupied. All of those families have been displaced because of the fire. No injuries were reported.
The Maple Heights Fire Department says they believe the fire started in a faulty furnace between the ceiling and third floor apartment.
It is not clear at this time how long the families will be out of their homes.
The Red Cross has given temporary assistance to the families.