AKRON, OH (WOIO) - The jury has reached a verdict in the trial for Brogan Rafferty. Jurors found Rafferty guilty for his role in the Craigslist killings.
The teen's trial started October 12th. Deliberations began last Thursday afternoon.
Rafferty is accused of helping 52-year-old Richard Beasley lure men into wooded areas by posting a job listing on Craigslist. Once in the remote areas, the men were shot. Three men were killed, a fourth man was shot, but survived.
The survivor testified during the trial. He told jurors about how Beasley had pointed the gun at his head but he fought back, which led to him being shot in the arm. He ran from Beasley and Rafferty and hid in the woods for 7 hours, saying he felt like they were hunting for him.
Family members of the victims testified about how their loved ones had talked to them about a job posting on Craigslist. Victim Timothy Kern's son and ex-wife described how they became suspicious when he didn't contact them after he left for the Craigslist job.
Rafferty took the stand in his own defense earlier this week claiming when Beasley asked him to go with him to Noble County, he suspected nothing, that it was truly to hire a man for a farm job.
Also during the trial, Rafferty testified that he feared for his life if he didn't do what Beasley told him to do.