Mentor resident without power accidentally sets his house ablaze - Cleveland 19 News Cleveland, OH

Cozy fireplace turns ugly when house catches on fire

MENTOR, OH (WOIO) -

On Tuesday evening around 6:30 p.m. a house caught on fire when a Mentor resident without power attempted to use his fireplace for heat. 

It happened at 8329 Dartmoor Road and firefighters say that the fire went into the wall and spread to the attic. 

The fire was quickly extinguished and the homeowner is now staying with relatives. 

There were no reported injuries. 

Copyright 2012 WOIO. All rights reserved.

 

 

Powered by Frankly