BREAKING: Gas leak and evacuations in Bay Village

BAY VILLAGE, OH (WOIO) - The Cleveland Water Department has reported that the gas main break that was of great concern to residents in the Aberdeen Road neighborhood has been repaired.

Residents were given the option to leave their home and go to the fire department until the repairs were made.

The gas leak occurred on Thursday afternoon on Aberdeen Road around 12:30 p.m. after Cleveland Water Department workers cut a gas main while repairing a broken water line.

Columbia Gas workers are reportedly going door-to-door to assist anyone who may need help re-lighting their pilot light.

Copyright 2012 WOIO. All rights reserved.