The Ohio Department of Transportation District 12 continues working in 12-hour shifts with more than 75 crews battling snow and ice in Cuyahoga, Lake & Geauga Counties.
ODOT snow and ice forces will be staffed around-the-clock through the duration of this winter blast and crews will be adjusted as needed.
Expect a slower than normal PM commute in most areas of northeast Ohio as continuing snowfall, high winds and blowing snow continue - particularly in areas east of downtown Cleveland and along the I-271 corridor.
Whether it's the first storm or last, stay safe by following these tips:
· KNO B4 U GO: Before leaving home, find out about driving conditions by going to ODOT's premier website. Safe drivers know the weather, and their limits. Leave plenty of time to reach your destination safely. Also, follow ODOT on Facebook and Twitter.
· See and be Seen: Remove any snow on your vehicle's windows, lights, brake lights and signals.
· Turn on your Lights: If you need to turn on your wipers, turn on your headlights. It's the law.
· Don't Crowd the Plow: Look for the green-colored strobe lights on the snowplow trucks and give them plenty of room to work.
· In Ice & Snow… Take it SLOW!