- Rookie running back Trent Richardson rushed for 53 yards today and passed Jim Brown for the most rushing yards by a Browns rookie in a season. Richardson's 11 rushing touchdowns, 12 total touchdowns and 72 points this season are also Browns rookie records. He also caught three passes today to increase his seasonal total to 51, which leads the team and is the fifth-most by a Browns rookie.
BROWNS SINGLE-SEASON ROOKIE RUSHING LEADERS
Player Year Att. Yards
1. Trent Richardson 2012 267 950
2. Jim Brown 1957 202 942
3. William Green 2002 243 887
BROWNS SINGLE-SEASON ROOKIE RECEPTION LEADERS
Player Year Rec.
1. Kevin Johnson 1999 66
2. Greg Little 2011 61
3. Eric Metcalf 1989 54
4. Paul Warfield 1964 52
5. Trent Richardson 2012 51
6. Derrick Alexander 1994 48
- Wide receiver Greg Little caught six passes for a team-high 58 yards, including a 6-yard touchdown. He has three touchdowns on the season, which is a career-high and is tied for the second-most on the team.
- Rookie wide receiver Josh Gordon recorded one catch for seven yards. He leads the team with 766 receiving yards on the season, which is the fourth-highest figure by a Browns rookie.
BROWNS SINGLE-SEASON ROOKIE RECEIVING YARDAGE LEADERS
Player Year Yards
1. Kevin Johnson 1999 986
2. Paul Warfield 1964 920
3. Derrick Alexander 1994 828
4. Josh Gordon 2012 766
5. Greg Little 2011 709
- First-year linebacker Craig Robertson recorded a career-high 14 tackles, surpassing his previous best of eight, which he accomplished twice this season.
- Kicker Phil Dawson connected on a 27-yard field goal and a season-long 53 yard field goal. On the year, he is 28 of 29 on field goal attempts. His 13 field goals of 50 yards or longer since 2011 are tied for the most in the NFL.
DAWSON'S 50+ YARD FIELD GOALS THIS SEASON
Opponent Date Length
at Cincinnati 9/6 50
at Baltimore 9/27 51
at Baltimore 9/27 50
at Baltimore 9/27 52
at Dallas 11/18 51
at Denver 12/23 53
TOTAL OF SIX
NFL 50+ YARD FIELD GOAL LEADERS SINCE 2011
Player Team Made Att.
1. Phil Dawson Cleveland 13 14
2. Sebastian Janikowski Oakland 13 19
3. Four players tied with 8
- Defensive back Usama Young recorded five tackles and one interception. He now has three interceptions on the season, which is a career-high and is tied for the team lead.
- Tight end Brad Smelley made his NFL debut and caught one pass for three yards.
- Defensive back Sheldon Brown appeared in his 174th consecutive regular season game, a figure which currently ranks fifth among all defensive players.
- Left tackle Joe Thomas has started and played in each of the first 95 games of his career, while center Alex Mack has started and played in each of the first 63 games of his career. Neither one of the two have missed an offensive snap during their career.
- Rookie quarterback Brandon Weeden threw for 104 yards before leaving with an injury in the third quarter. On the season, Weeden's 3,385 passing yards is the seventh-highest figure by a rookie in NFL history and the 10th-highest total by a Browns quarterback.
MOST PASSING YARDS BY AN NFL ROOKIE
Player Team Year Total
1. Andrew Luck Indianapolis 2012 4,183
2. Cam Newton Carolina 2011 4,051
3. Peyton Manning Indianapolis 1998 3,739
4. Sam Bradford St. Louis 2010 3,512
5. Matt Ryan Atlanta 2008 3,440
6. Andy Dalton Cincinnati 2011 3,398
7. Brandon Weeden Cleveland 2012 3,385
BROWNS SINGLE-SEASON PASSING YARDAGE LEADERS