AKRON, OH (WOIO) - RSV and influenza activity is steadily increasing and most of the country, including northeast Ohio, is now experiencing high levels of influenza-like illness, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
To protect our patients, Akron Children's is implementing visitor restrictions, starting Friday. The restrictions are:
- All visitors should be healthy, free from fever, cough, colds or stomach virus symptoms.
- Visitation by children under the age of 14 years is limited to siblings only.
- No more than two visitors (in addition to parents/guardians) should be in a patient room at any one time.
- Only parents or guardians should visit in our critical care areas (PICU, NICU, Special Care Nurseries, BURN Center, and Hematology/Oncology). Parents/guardians may arrange for visitors, on a limited basis.
- In general, only children seeking evaluation or treatment at Akron Children's Hospital should be brought to the facility.
- Playrooms are only open to patients and their parents/guardians. Siblings must remain in the patient's room.