(WOIO) - New details into the investigation into Browns owner Jimmy Haslam's family business Pilot Flying J.
The FBI is looking into possible rebate fraud at the truck stop business.
Haslam held a news conference in Knoxville, TN to talk more about the investigation.
Jimmy Haslam said he has never been more embarrassed than when he read the FBI affidavit.
He also said they're doing 5 things to address the issue:
- his internal audit team is going to go over his Company's entire direct billing process
- some members of Pilot's diesel sales team have been placed on administrative leave
- no more manual rebates or discounts or checks
- he's adding a Chief Compliance Officer position
- he will bring in special investigator to ONLY report to the board
(To read the press conference, click HERE)
This is the third news conference in Knoxville since 75 FBI and IRS agents raided Pilot Flying J seven days ago.