OLMSTED TOWNSHIP, OH (WOIO) - Olmsted Township Police have identified the body of a man found in a McKenzie Road retention pond on April 17.
Carl Edward Acoff, Jr., 20 of Cleveland, was reported missing by family members on March 27. Cleveland police called Olmsted Township police on April 19. Police then got a DNA sample from family members.
Police say the victim died of multiple stab wounds.
When discovered, the victim was wearing a red Betty Boop tank top, three black bras and a light black hooded jacket. He was also nude from the waist down. It was determined the victim had a rope tied around his waist and knotted from behind. The rope was attached to a piece of concrete and steel pipe.
There are no arrests at this time.
According to court records, Acoff has a criminal history.
· Disorderly Conduct 11-10-10
· Misconduct Public Transportation 11-9-10
· Obstructing Official Business 1-20-11
· Disorderly Conduct 2-1-11
· Misconduct Public Transportation 2-9-11
· Disorderly Conduct 3-28-11
· Misconduct Public Transportation 1-29-11
· Misconduct Public Transportation 4-12-11
· Walking along highways 10-9-12 (ACTIVE WARRANT)
· Possession of Dangerous drugs 4-24-11
· Arrested and charged with Disrupting Public Service, Assault, and inducing panic…sentenced to 6 months in jail and ordered to not ride RTA