Wayside Super Fan Contest 2013
OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
- 1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WOIO/WUAB – 1717 East 12th St, Cleveland, OH 44114, and Wayside Furniture, 1367 Canton Road, Akron, OH 44312 ("Sponsors"). The promotion begins at 5:00am on 9/6/13 and ends at 11:59am on 12/27/13. Entries must be received by 11:59pm on 12/27/13. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
- Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of Ohio, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WOIO/WUAB-TV, Wayside Furniture, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per email address will be accepted per day, and multiple entries will be disqualified.
- How to Enter. There is one way to enter this promotion. Beginning at 5:00am on 9/6/13, individuals need to log on to www.woio.com contest page register your information and then submit a "Super Fan" photos of themselves or family members in Browns attire, at the Browns game, etc. Entries must contain the name and phone number of the entrant in order to be considered. Photos must be of the entrants themselves, and each photo may be disqualified at WOIO/WUAB-TV's sole discretion if it determines that the photo contains images of alcohol, nudity, or is not in good taste. One entrant will be selected each week over 17 weeks to be entered to win a Lane Recliner of his/her choice up to $1000 value. Entries must be received by each Friday to qualify for the weekly winner. The weekly winner will be announced during the Tailgate 19 show between 11am to 12pm each Sunday and AFC Football 9/8-12/28/13. The 17 winners will be entered to win one grand prize giveaway of a Lane Recliner. One grand prize winner will be selected on 12/27/13 and announced on air 12/29/13, 11a-12p EST during the end of the Tailgate 19 show. Final entries must be received by Thursday, 12/27/13 by 11:58pm in order to qualify for the grand prize. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that WOIO/WUAB-TV and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that WOIO/WUAB-TV may release entrant's personally identifiable information to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. WOIO/WUAB-TV is not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s).
- Prize(s). One weekly entrant will be selected and entered to win ONE grand prize of a Lane Recline of his/her choice up to $1000 value. The total value of the prize pack is approximately $1000. Winner has up to 60 days to redeem the prize package (from 12am on Jan 1, 2014 to 12am on March 1, 2014)
- No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned. Sponsor(s) reserves the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
- How the Prizes are Awarded. Winner will first be notified by phone, and then mailed information on how to redeem the prize.
- Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim the prizes. A winner must take possession of his or her prize by 12pm on 3/7/14 or the prize will be forfeited.
- Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the promotion, including, but not limited to, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WOIO/WUAB-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. The Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from WOIO/WUAB-TV if WOIO/WUAB-TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service. Prize(s) may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WOIO/WUAB-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
- Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
- Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WOIO/WUAB-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WOIO/WUAB-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
- List of Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to WOIO/WUAB-TV located at 1717 East 12th St, Cleveland, OH 44114, between 12/31/12-1/31/14.