Kathy Wray Coleman's house fire - Cleveland 19 News Cleveland, OH

Cleveland community activist's house catches on fire


University Heights Firefighters confirm that they worked to put out a house fire at 6 p.m. on Sunday, September 15, in the 3900 block of Silsby Road.

The residence is that of well-known community activist Kathy Wray Coleman of the Imperial Women. 

The fire department says that they were able to get the fire under control before anyone was injured. The fire blamed on food left on the stove.

Kathy has become a public figure that invests a tremendous amount of time helping to organize rallies and events that spotlight violence against African Americans and women.

Copyright 2013 WOIO. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly