(WOIO) - 19 Action News Reporter Ed Gallek is tracking new details in the investigation into the death of convicted kidnapper and sex predator Ariel Castro.
The state prison system said that an internal investigation into Castro's suicide behind bars would be complete by the end of September. A spokesperson now tells 19 Action News the prison system director is reviewing the report, and it should be released by the end of the week.
Meanwhile, the highway patrol is also investigating Castro's death. The patrol says it's final report is not yet complete because they are waiting for the final autopsy report.
Castro used a bed sheet to hang himself in his cell last month at the Correctional Reception Center in Orient, Pickaway County.
Castro had been sentenced on August 1 to life in prison, plus 1,000 years, for kidnapping and sexually assaulting Amanda Berry, Michelle Knight and Gina DeJesus while holding them captive in his Seymour Avenue house for over a decade.