Tandoori Salmon- Ingredients:
- 4 pieces 6 to 8 oz Salmon fillets
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala (at any specialty store)
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic paste (see below)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger Paste
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- Add the yogurt and all the spices into a large and whisk until smooth. In a glass baking dish, coat the salmon with the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 4 hours.
- Light a grill. Oil the grill grates or cover with foil and spray non-stick spray. Scrape off the excess marinade place fish directly on grill over a moderate flame. Grill over moderate heat, turning once or twice, until golden in spots and nearly cooked through, about 8 minutes. Transfer the salmon to a platter and serve over a light salad or rice or Naan bread.
- Optional cooking method: Traditional oven bake at 400F for 20-25 minutes uncovered. Serve immediately
Make Ahead The marinade can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Citrusy, medium-bodied white.
Garam Masala is spice blend made with first lightly roasting and then grinding them in a coffee grinder the following spices: Bay Leaves, Cinnamon Stick, Black Cardamom, Green Cardamom, Cumin Seeds, Coriander Seeds and Cloves. We at Café Tandoor make our own Garam masala.