Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo will not be playing in Thursday's preseason opener against the San Diego Chargers. Romo, who went under the knife for back surgery in December has still be participating in training camp, but considering the severity of the surgery is taking it easy.
"We've talked about it a little bit, and we're going to be smart," Romo said, via the Fort Worth Star-Telegram's Charean Williams. "… Most likely I'll probably sit out the San Diego game and play in Game 2 and go from there."
Just last week, owner and general manager Jerry Jones stated that he was fully recovered from the surgery, but Jones also did maintain how close they were to drafting Johnny Manziel as well, so who knows the validity of that statement.
Back in April, former Cowboys quarterback Troy Aikman questioned if he would ever recover. "I came back in a relatively short period of time because of when I had my surgery, so he's at least afforded more time to get ready, But having said that, two back surgeries in less than a year at his age, I would be a bit concerned.
Well its August now, so fingers crossed.