With the high demand for single game tickets this year, the Cleveland Cavaliers are doing a new lottery process to fans.
Everyone is trying to get their hands on Cavalier tickets this year now that Lebron has come home, and with the addition of Kevin Love.
The new lottery process will take away from those who buy tickets in bulk and sell them off for a huge profit. The new process will give real fans a fair chance at getting their hands on tickets at a fair price.
Here is how the new process will work:
- Beginning September 26th, fans can register at Cavs.com to create a Cavs Single Game Lottery Account.
- Fans will have the option to register for EVERY month of the season, OR for SELECT months of the season. Registration is limited to one (1) account per household and email.
- Fans only need to register once and can register at any time throughout the season. HOWEVER, fans will not be locked into their selection and can submit updated registrations at ANY TIME prior to each month's lottery.
- During the first full week of each month at approximately 9:00 a.m. each day, randomly selected lottery winners will be notified via email that they can purchase tickets for one game in the upcoming month. For example if you're selected in November, you pick between the games in December.
- Lottery winners will be provided a unique password and link to purchase tickets that same day between 12:00 p.m. – 11:59 p.m.
- If a fan wins the lottery, but elects not to purchase tickets for a game that month, they will be immediately eligible for the next month's lottery.
- Fans that win the lottery AND purchase tickets will be eligible again after 60 days.
The Cavaliers host the New York Knicks, October 30th at 8:00 p.m.