Cork & Cleaver "Dinner Omelet"
(For your Guacamole and Bruschetta)
1 Red Bell Pepper, Seeded and Diced
1 Jalapeño, Seeded and Diced
1 Small Red onion, Diced
2 each Ripe Avocado
1 Tblsp Fresh Lemon Juice
2 Tsp Ground Cumin
Salt and Pepper (To Taste)
1 Tblsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Start by mixing in a bowl your red peppers, jalapeño, and red onion. then divide your mixture into two bowls, putting 3/4 in one and 1/4 of your mix in another.
2. In your 3/4 mix, add your EVOO and salt and pepper to taste. Mix completely, and set aside.
3. in your bowl with the 1/4 of your pepper mix, add your avocado. (to remove avocado, take a knif and run it around length wise around the pit, and then split it in half. Use a spoon and remove into your bowl)
add your lemon juice, salt and pepper, and cumin.
4. Using a fork, mash your avocados, until your desired consistency ., making sure to mix in all ingredients.
(For your Omelet)
Special Items you will need: A nonstick 6-8 inch sautee pan, Rubber Spatula
3 Large Eggs
1/4 Cup Heavy Cream (If you don't want to use heavy cream, you can use milk)
1/4 Cup Ground Chorizo, Cooked (You can find a good brand, locally at most markets)
1/4 Cup Goat Cheese (Or whatever cheese you like best!)
1 Tblsp EVOO
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1. In a bowl, whisk together your eggs, heavy cream and pinch of salt and pepper.
2. Put your pan on your stove over medium heat.
3. Add your chorizo and your EVOO and let simmer, occasionally stirring
4. Once your chorizo is hot, add your egg mixture, and let sit for about 20 seconds. Your eggs will start ti from a skin to the bottom of the pan. Using your Spatula, Scoop under the bottom of the start of your omelette, and pull up while allowing some of the egg mixture to pour over.
5. Continue to repeat this process forming fluffy layer in your omelette. Once you see a small amount of runny egg on the top your omelet, turn of your heat. It is now time to flip your omelette! To flip omelette, you can use your spatula, and go underneath it, and flip it over.
6. Add your cheese to one side of the Omelette.
7. After about 20 seconds, fold the side of your complete with no cheese over, gently!
8. Slide out onto a plate.