House fire caused by careless smoking - Cleveland 19 News Cleveland, OH

House fire caused by careless smoking

Careless smoker causes house fire. (Source: MGNOnline) Careless smoker causes house fire. (Source: MGNOnline)
Firefighters in Willoughby say careless smoking caused a house fire Tuesday evening.

Crews were called to 38831 Adkins Road around 10:30 p.m. 

This after the resident managed to escape and call 911 from a neighbor's house.

The resident was treated on the scene and transported to a local hospital for further medical care. The caller's condition is not known.

Damage is estimated at $80,000.

The blaze was put out in about 20 minutes.

The resident told officials he was alerted to the fire by a working smoke detector.

Copyright 2014 WOIO. All rights reserved.

Top Story

special

CONNECT WITH US

Updated:

Connect with Cleveland 19! More>>

Powered by Frankly