Man douses roommate with gasoline and starts a house fire

Man douses roommate with gasoline and starts a house fire

NORTH CANTON, OH (WOIO) - On Thursday, December 11, at 6:35 p.m., the

and Fire Departments were dispatched to the 1400 block of Lipton Ave. SW for a room on fire.

Officers located a resident outside the home who was suffering from gasoline being poured on his head, face, and portions of his body.

The victim had no burns or other visible injuries.

Roy D. Cintron, another resident at the address told police that he was responsible for the fire in the rear bedroom.

The 54-year-old victim was treated at the scene and transported by the North Canton Fire Department to Aultman Hospital for evaluation.

The Fire Department extinguished the fire within twenty minutes of arrival.

Smoke and property damage was contained to the first floor rear bedroom. Damage from the fire is estimated at $5,000.

Officers said Cintron exhibited signs of alcohol intoxication.

He was arrested on the charge of aggravated arson, creating a substantial risk of serious harm to the victim and the felonious assault.

Cintron was booked into the Stark County Jail.

Copyright 2014 WOIO. All rights reserved.