KIRTLAND, OH (WOIO) - The Lake Metroparks Farmpark invites families in northeast Ohio to come out in January and February for Winter Blast Weekends, to partake in traditional farm crafts and activities.
• Meet Zig and Zag - twin Holstein bull calves
• Hand milk a cow and explore cheese making in the dairy
• Drive and groom a horse
• Make ice cream and taste the results
• Make a candle and some soap
• Explore wool processing activities
• Watch baby farm animals at play
Learn about plant life (24x life size!) as you explore The Great Tomato Works
• Watch it snow inside the Plant Science Center
• Explore the Woodland Center maple sugaring exhibit
Admission to Winter Blast Weekends for ages 12 to 59 is $6; ages 2 to 11 are $4. Ages 60 and over pay $5; Farmpark members and children under 2 are free. For more information about Winter Blast Weekends, log on to
or call 440-256-2122 or 800-366-3276
Lake Metroparks Farmpark is located at 8800 Euclid Chardon Rd. in Kirtland.
The park is open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday year-round.
Farmpark Holstein gives birth to twins…AGAIN!
Twin Holstein bull calves were born last month at Lake Metroparks Farmpark. Twin births are considered rare in cattle. This is the second set of twins the mother has given birth to at Farmpark. Meet Zig and Zag during Winter Blast Weekends at