5 hospitalized after possible carbon monoxide poisoning

5 hospitalized after possible carbon monoxide poisoning
The tenants live in two different units at Neal Terrace on Cleveland's west side. (Source: WOIO)
The tenants live in two different units at Neal Terrace on Cleveland's west side. (Source: WOIO)
Multiple crews are on scene investigating. (Source: WOIO)
Multiple crews are on scene investigating. (Source: WOIO)

says several people have been transported to a hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning. A neighbor found children on the floor and their mother sick Wednesday night.

Three kids and three adults from two different units at Neal Terrace at West 88th Street and Detroit Avenue were hospitalized.

EMS says all were in stable condition at the time of transport. Crews on the scene say CO levels were so high that the victims could have died.

Fire officials say the carbon monoxide detectors were malfunctioning.

crews say they traced the source of the CO to a boiler in an apartment.

The gas has been shut off while repairs are made.

The fire department says they had a similar situation last year at the apartment complex. 

Copyright 2015 WOIO. All rights reserved.