CO leak discovered in malfunctioning chimney on east side

CO leak discovered in malfunctioning chimney on east side

A handful of residents are recovering after a carbon monoxide leak was discovered Tuesday night.

Between 7 and 8 p.m.,

crews were called to a duplex in the 3200 block of E. 49

th

Street. Upon arrival, they found a malfunctioning chimney, and tagged the boiler and water heater.

The gas has been shut off until repairs can be made.

According to Dominion, three people were taken to the hospital. No word on their conditions.

Copyright 2015 WOIO. All rights reserved.