The Cleveland Indians announced on Tuesday that the team's Home Opener, on April 10 vs. the Detroit Tigers, has sold out.
The game sold out in 11 minutes, marking the 23rd consecutive home opener sellout and the 22nd at Progressive Field, which opened in 1994.
Since the Indians in 2009 moved the initial on-sale date to Spring, Opening Day sellouts have become official on March 30 (2009), April 8 (2010), March 24 (2011), March 15 (2012), February 25 (2013) and March 3 (2014).
Fans wishing to attend 2015 Opening Day – marking the club's 115th as a charter member of the American League – still can secure tickets a couple of ways.
- By purchasing a full Season Ticket package. Season Ticket Holders once again will save over 40% on average of Single-Game ticket purchasers in 2014. Only those purchasing a full Season Ticket package will receive Opening Day tickets.
- By attending one of the team's Spring Training Opener Watch Parties later today. The Indians will host Watch Parties at 3PM at Melt Lakewood, Barrio Downtown and Sweet Moses, to celebrate those restaurants' presence in the new Right Field District at Progressive Field in 2015.
- More details on those parties can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/polc7fe
Single-Game tickets remain available for other 2015 games, including top promotional dates. Those include:
- June 6 vs. Baltimore: Corey Kluber bobblehead courtesy of Sugardale
- June 20 vs. Tampa Bay: 1995 T-shirt designed by GV Art + Design
- July 11 vs. Oakland: Sandy Alomar jersey courtesy of Medical Mutual
- July 25 vs. Chicago White Sox: Larry Doby replica statue courtesy of KeyBank
- August 8 vs. Minnesota: Michael Brantley bobblehead
- August 29 vs. Los Angeles Angels: Yan Gomes jersey courtesy of Sherwin-Williams
Fans wishing to secure Opening Day tickets by purchasing a Full Season Ticket package should call the club's Season Ticket sales department at 216-420-HITS.
CLEVELAND INDIANS TO HOST WATCH PARTIES ON TUESDAY FOR SPRING TRAINING OPENER
Fans can join the Cleveland Indians on location to check out the team's Spring Training Opener on Tuesday, March 3 – and enter to win a chance to win two Opening Day tickets and tour the newly renovated Right Field District before Opening Day!
Indians mascots and staff will be at Melt Lakewood, Barrio's downtown Cleveland location and Sweet Moses in Gordon Square to take in the team's Spring Training opener against the Cincinnati Reds from Goodyear, AZ. First pitch is set for 3PM Eastern.
Parties will be held at each of these restaurants, announced in January as the newest additions to the ballpark:
- Melt Lakewood (14718 Detroit Ave.): Happy Hour from 3-7PM, including $1 off beer, wine and liquor
- Barrio Downtown (503 Prospect Ave.): Will open early, at 2:30PM, and its Happy Hour pricing -- $1 off draft beer and tacos, half-price Margaritas – will run from 2:30PM-7PM.
- Sweet Moses, Gordon Square (6800 Detroit Ave.): Sweet Moses will offer its Ballpark Sundae, along with the rest of its regular menu, which right now also includes a Cleveland Clover shake.
Any fans who purchase tickets to a 2015 game through Indians.com while at one of the parties will be entered into a drawing to win two tickets to the club's home opener on Friday, April 10 vs. the Tigers. (Fans must purchase at the location and show an Indians staff member their email receipt to be eligible.)
Fans who participate in Indians-themed trivia at each location also will be eligible to win two tickets to a private tour of the new Right Field District on Thursday, April 9!