The first Oreo was sold on March 6, 1912 to a grocery in a Hoboken, New Jersey. But the name Oreo was not trademarked until several days later on March 14, 1912.
- The block of Ninth Avenue in Manhattan where the Oreo was developed is known as "Oreo Way."
- The Oreo recipe was changed on January, 2006. The trans fats in the cookie were replaced with non-hydrogenated vegetable oil.
- In Japan and China a Green Tea Oreo is sold.
- Oreo has become the best selling cookie in the United States since its introduction in 1912
- In 1976 Oreo launched football shaped cookies.